The following steps will show you how to delete a Youtube channel in 2020 if you need to get close your account for whatever reason.
- Start off by signing into your account and make sure you are logged into the correct account by looking at the upper right corner and clicking the circular profile icon. If you are not logged into the correct account or have multiple account under the same email and need to switch simply click the circular icon and go down to switch account. This will allow you choose the correct account linked to your email.
- Once you are logged in and have the correct account selected click on the Profile Circular Icon again and select settings, Alternatively you can also select settings on the left side bar towards the bottom.
- After clicking settings you should see Account at the top and underneath that ” Choose How You Appear and What You see On YouTube” If you see this you are in the correct section.
- Look for View Advanced Settings and click. It may prompt you to sign in again.
- Once you click on Advanced settings you will see user ID, Channel ID, Default Channel, Move Channel and Delete Channel. Select Delete Channel.
- Follow the instructions on the Screen. You can choose Hide your Content, this will hide your Videos and Playlists however it will not hide the following , channel page, channel name, Your channel art and icon, Your likes and subscriptions.
- If you want to permanently Delete your account select “I want to permanently delete my content”. This will delete videos, Comments that you made on YouTube, replies and thumbs-up on comments, messages, search and watch history.
These steps are subject to change as YouTube may update the layout. As of the end of 2020 these steps are accurate and if they change we will update this article.