How To Change The Snooze Time on an iPhone?
Many of us rely on an alarm to wake us up in the morning, and so many of us own iPhones. We expect the most out of our iPhone’s so why wouldn’t we want to use our iPhones as our alarm clock. Most already do, but sometimes not all features are easily accessible or easy to use. One of those alarm clock features is changing the snooze time.
When you hit the snooze button on your iPhone, you are given nine minutes before the alarm would sound again. Nine minutes may not be ideal for some as you may want a long snooze time or a shorter snooze time. The only way to adjust that setting is to create a custom snooze time.
How to set your snooze time with multiple alarms
As unknown as this feature may have been, the process to set your custom snooze time is quite easy. The first step is to disable the snooze setting on the currently chosen alarm. For this example, we will set the snooze period to 6 minutes. Remember you can choose more or less time. It is completely up to you.
- Find the clock app and open it. Then tap [Alarm] at the bottom, next tap the [ + ] in the top right to create a new alarm.
- Set the preferred wake-up time. For instruction purposes, we will use 6 a.m.
- You should disable the [Snooze] setting the tap [Save].
- Next, tap the [ + ] again and create a new alarm which will be for 6:06 a.m. then disable the snooze setting once again and finally tap [Save].
- You can repeat steps 1 – 4 to add additional alarms for how long of periods you’d like.
There are other ways to achieve the same goal of changing your snooze period to a longer or shorter time than the defaulted nine minutes. You can use third party alarm clocks that you can download on your iPhone, and these apps offer customizable snooze alarms. Three of those are the sleep cycle app, the progressive alarm, and the alarm app. Each of them has their instructed ways to create a custom snooze period.
As a quick example, we will go through the instructions for the sleep cycle third-party app.
- You should open Sleep Cycle then tap on [Profile], which is located at the bottom.
- Find [settings] and look under it, tap [More].
- Now find [Alarm], and tap [snooze].
- You can tap [Regular], next choose your preferred interval or snooze period. (Up to 20 minutes).